Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bumble Bub Quilt

Here's something I made early last year for a little baby boy.  It's called 'Bumble Bub' and is a cot quilt or playmat and also a softie bee toy too.  It's a Melly & Me design from her Kaleidoscope book and only the third quilt I've ever made.  I do love the fabrics I used in it and it has simple piecing and some machine applique so was fairly simple to put together.  I also machine quilted it in the ditch - as that's really all I could do on my machine at the time.  I would have liked to quilt it differently, so this year I plan to learn more quilting techniques and styles.  The reason I thought I'd show you this quilt is because I am using some of the fabric I used in this quilt in a new design I am working on at the moment.  I won't give too much away yet - but I am really happy with the way the design is all coming together and am just loving the fabrics I'm using in it.  So stay tuned as I'll post a picture of the new design very soon.

Until next time, happy sewing everyone!
Jody         

4 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Jody cant wait to see your surprise.
    cheers Shez
    http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Love the colours...don't keep us waiting too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very attractive and I really look forward to seeing what you prepare us but it is sure, that is going to be magnificent, I already know it! Kisses and good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fabrics are gorgeous, I look forward to seeing what you come up with, I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete