Saturday, July 30, 2011

Party Turtles made by the kids!

I went to school yesterday and helped the Prep/Grade 1's made these cute tiny Party Turtles.  They were also helped by their Grade 6 Buddies - and they all worked really well together and did a fantastic job of making their turtles.  They had a great time and really enjoyed it.  Here are just two of the turtles they made. 

A big Thankyou to Jodie Carleton from Ric Rac for allowing me to use her Party Turtle design (a free pattern from her website).  I adapted it slightly and had everything pre-cut and with sewing holes punched in it so the kids could easily hand sew it together. 
Here's a photo of some of them holding their turtles.
I had heaps of fun helping the kids make these.  So thanks kids - I loved it!

Happy sewing!
Jody

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea Jody and i love your Elfie and Elsey,well done

    ReplyDelete