Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kinder Girls!

I have just finished a doll for my daughter. The pattern is called 'Kinder Girls' by Jodie Carleton. You can find her at http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/
I just LOVE this pattern. The fabric she suggested to use on the doll it 'Doctors Flannel' and you can buy doll size pieces from Ballarat Patchwork. The fabric is wool and is so beautiful and soft and very forgiving when you sew it together (so can hardly see the stitches). The hair is felt and she has shoes and knickers sewn in (very clever).


The dress is reversible which I think is so clever, and she also has a cute little cardigan made from felt. My daughter loves her - which is the most important part and she has already taken her to school. I will definately be making more of these - as they are so cute and the design is so clever. I may make a whole class full of these kinder girls and kinder boys too (as I bought that pattern also - couldn't resist!!)
Jody

1 comment:

  1. Jody, You are so right !!! The wool is just so forgiving, it makes even my hand sewing look presentable.

    I think she looks awesome, love that spotty dress especially.

    ReplyDelete