Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Daylesford Craft Experience

I have just spent the most fantastic weekend away at Daylesford! I went to the 'Daylesford Craft Experience' on the Saturday and met three fabulous designers – Melanie Hurlston of 'Melly & me', Jodie Carleton of 'Ric Rac' & Anette Eriksson. The venue – Peppers Springs Retreat & Spa, was great as was the food. We each received a wonderful goodie bag full of new designs by these three talented ladies. We then chose one design to work on for the day – and I did a stitchery angel by 'Melly & Me'. I have just finished this and am about to make it into a cute little bag for my 6 year old daughter. It was such an inspiring weekend and I met some wonderful ladies who all seem to love craft as much as me! So I have now decided to finally create this blog that I have been talking about now for some time and start to record what I am doing. As you will see as I get the hang of all this blogging business, I love sewing and creating softie toys is a real passion of mine. I love the look on my kids face when I make them something new – and they are often there just waiting until the last stitch is done so they can cuddle and play with my latest creation. This year I also decided I would make all the presents for the kids friends birthdays (and there has already been quite a few!) so I seem to have been sewing nearly every day – which is what I love doing. Here are a couple of photos from the weekend of the new designs and also from the postcards we stitched and swapped on the day.


Jody









No comments:

Post a Comment