Friday, August 6, 2010

Workshop

Yesterday I took a trip to Traralgon and was lucky enough to do a workshop at Miss Millys Patchwork with Kellie - from Don't Look Now!. Kellie showed us her wonderful quilts - which included 'Meg's Garden', 'Little Monsters', 'Worry Dolls' & 'Alphabet Soup' just to name a few. They were just gorgeous! She taught us raw edge applique' and free motion stitching/machine quilting techniques. It was a fantastic day and I learnt heaps. Here is a picture of what I did yesterday, and we do another day in 3 weeks time where we complete the project and start a cushion design from the 'pretty 'n pink' pattern.



The technique is tricky to start with - but with practise I'll get better at it. I love this way of quilting as you get instant results and it is quilted as you go!

Today I also finished another pony for a friend - so here is a picture of it too! I love the pony's - they are just adorable!
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment